Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Shane

I can't believe my baby is 2 today! It seems like just yesterday that we found out about Shane, our little surprise. I still remember standing in amazement at a positive pregnancy test. Now, how do I tell Eric. These were the pictures I e-mailed Eric to share the news. I of course was on the other line when he opened the e-mail.















Eric's response .... "aren't you on the pill?" Yes, I was on the pill and nursing so obviously God had a plan much bigger than ours!! I still remember laying on the ultrasound table and suddenly seeing little toes and fingers. Shane was already 11 weeks and 5 days. Wow, my first trimester was almost over. What a little miracle.




I'm so glad that God has a plan far bigger than anything we can hope for or imagine. Shane I feel so blessed to be your mommy!! You have brought things like blue, trucks, dirt, bugs, balls ..... into our pink world. You are all boy with your loud noises and busy little hands and feet. You have the biggest, brownest eyes and more hair that most 5 year old girls ... I think we're going on haircut number 20+! I love your smile and the dimple that goes with it. You have such a loving little personality! You make me laugh when you dance when your sister's sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. You really have the moves. You are a friendly little guy always eager to say hi and bye to everyone we meet. I love the way you flirt and your little nervous shoulder shrug. I love it when you are in trouble and I ask you to look at me and you squint ... how can you not make me smile even when I'm not very happy with you! I love it how you wont' let me leave your room at nap or night time without asking me to say Amen with you! I love to watch your sister's play with you and love on you!! It is so much fun to see you run to the door and get so excited to see daddy! You love to wrestle and and do all the rough and tough things boys do with dads! Shane you such a sweet blessing!


Happy Birthday!


I love you!

Mommy








1 comments:

Beckyb said...

I love how you shared your news with hubby!! So clever - yes, Shane is a sweet boy. AND I totally know what you mean - it is so special to have that "one of the opposite sex" ~ somedays I just thank God for the opportunity to experience both!!!

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs