Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

The girls had Valentine's Day parties at preschool this week. They had so much fun picking out Valentines and writing their little names on their friend's cards. It brought back Valentine's memories as a kid for me. I can remember deliberating over who I was going to give each card too especially as I got older. You had to be careful not to give the boys the mushy ones. It was fun to see them enjoy the process since there will be more Valentines to come in the years ahead. We also had fun putting together these little buckets "Filled With Love" for family, friends and teachers.




















The girls have Thursday through Monday off of preschool so we had decided to have a Valentine's Day Party with 9 of our little friends and their moms. We had to cancel the party because Eric had been in bed since Friday with Influenza A and I had a bit of a soar throat. Eric did make it back to work today but we didn't want to expose anyone to the germs that might be floating around the house. So instead we had a nice relaxing morning in our pj's. We had heart pancakes for breakfast and got to take some nice long bubble baths!



Dad came home today with some special little Valentines. Shane was all smiles when daddy handed him a balloon and the girls were giddy as daddy handed them each a rose. Alexa said, "This is the most beautiful flower I every got!" I think it is the first flower she ever got. Needless to say daddy made them feel pretty special!















When I was growing up my mom always made Valentine's Day special for us. She always decorated the table fun, we had a special meal and there was always a special Valentine's day present on our plate. Thanks mom for making it special!! I always looked forward to Valentine's Day and want to carry that tradition on in our family. Today as Alexa and Emma were going down for naps Emma said, "Mom, are you going to make the table beautiful when we are sleeping!" It made me smile because already at 4 she knows that her mom likes to make Valentine's special for her too! The kids thought the heart pasta was pretty neat!


















We ended the evening with some cake and opening a little gift!


Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

These three remain:

faith, hope and love.

But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13

8 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

It's so much more fun to celebrate holidays with our little ones isn't it?? ;o) I just love to see the delight in their eyes!! We are making the memories that hopefully they too will pass on to their children!

Lori said...

Julie, how sweet your Valentine's Day was as a family! I love how you made it so special, my mom use to do that too and it meant so much to me. :)
I love how Emma noticed and asked you so sweetly~ precious and what a great Daddy to bring his girls flowers. :)
Happy Valentines Day!
Gorgeous banner too! :) What a great mom you are!

Nikki said...

Wow! I love how you really celebrate Valentine's Day...my family has never really done that. However, Lily REALLY got into it this year, so I think next year I will make more of an effort to really make it special for her.

(LOVE the heart shaped pancakes!)

mommy24treasures said...

this was a lovely Vanlentine's post. Love that you added the verse.
What wonderful memories...

Carey said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for stopping at my blog! :) It will be fun to keep track of your blog, too. What a beautiful Valentines Day you had.

Steffie B. said...

Totally cute.....I loved everything! ;) Have a great weekend. I'll be placing an order soon! ;)

Andra said...

What a great V-day! My mom used to make us heart shaped meatloaf. Whenever I remind her of that she says...."Gross.." Ha! It was still a wonderful memory!!! LOL!

mommy24treasures said...

missing you in blog land:)
Hope all is well... and you are just busy with your little blessings.
Connie

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs