Sunday, January 10, 2010

Coloring 101

As I was tucking Shane in bed the other night he said, "Mommy do you like the pictures I colored for you!" 


There are sometimes that Shane can give me this look that takes those mischievous things he does and make me want smile and hug him instead of get upset with him.  Well he gave me one of those looks like "Mom don't you just love the pictures I drew for you!"


We talked through the whole where do we color? Yes, on paper not on the walls!  You can draw pictures for mommy on paper and the whole Shane you know better than that.  I concluded our discussion with, "I'm going to have to think about what we are going to do about this and we'll talk about it tomorrow!"   

Five minutes after I tucked him in bed he peeked his head out of the door and said, "Mommy don't you think you should just spank me right now!"  I gave him a hug and said no we will talk about it tomorrow.  I knew already I was going to have him clean his room and wash his walls as his punishment!  I think laying in bed and thinking about what he had done was eating him up a little bit! 


Shane got right to work!

Who couldn't love that sweet little face?


Look at those sweet little fingers scrubbing that wall! 

When I asked Shane what lesson he learned he said, "Draw mommy pictures on paper!"

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is so cute. I have a little artist over here as well. Thank goodness for washable crayons!

:)

Kathy

JadeKB said...

I did the same thing when I was little... right after we moved into our new house that my Dad and uncles had just built. As I was scrubbing my artistic designs off the freshly painted walls, I begged my Mom for a spankin' so I could just be done. I faced a similar situation with Aubrey a few years ago, and Brielle still has a Baby doll with permanent tatoos!

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs