Monday, August 25, 2008

Kindergarten Here We Come


Alexa was so excited for her first day of Kindergarten.  After looking in a number of stores for the perfect backpack she finally found one she loved.  She decided since she was in kindergarten she might be too big for the Dora or Princess back packs.  Isn't it cute?  She had all her supplies packed inside just so.  She is totally a first born who likes everything in order. 


Alexa wanted daddy to take her to school in his car.  I agreed but said I would be following right behind in the van.  There was no way I was going to miss my little girls first day of Kindergarten.  


She was so excited when she got to her room.  She found her chair and sat right down at the green table.  She just kept looking around with a big grin on her face.  

Alexa and Emma have such a sweet sister bond.  This was Emma giving her sister her last good-bye hug and Alexa whispering in her ear.  Emma was so excited for her sister.  Emma said, "I think I have tears for Alexa! "  When Emma gets excited her eyes tend to tear up! 
 
Mom walked out of the room with a couple tears in her eyes.  I was a little sad that my little girl is growing up so fast but the tears were really from the excitement and anticipation that I saw in my little girls eyes.  Alexa got in the van after her first day and said, "I LOVE IT!"
Alexa's teacher e-mailed me that she had a great week.  Her teacher said she was sweet, a great listener and that she's a great example to her classmates.  I'm so proud of our little kindergardener. Oh yes, and how could I forget we are no longer calling it kindergarten but calling it school per request from Alexa!

4 comments:

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Oh what a big day. The girls whispering is just precious! Have a fun year Alexa.

Lisa said...

Thank you for leaving a cooment on my blog checking in on Ana Claire. She had a better day. No kicking and screaming, but there was tears. I am praying it will get better.
I am so glad that Alexa had a great first day!

Flip-flop Mama said...

Looks like a fun first day of "school"! Ainsley's excited to have daddy take her tomorrow. . maybe even for donuts first :)

Lori said...

What a sweet big girl you have and you should be proud! Her excitement shows and I'm sure she's just a complete joy to her "school" teacher!
I love what Emma said about her "tears"...so sweet. Nice backpack Alexa!!

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs