Friday, August 28, 2009

The New Chapter Continues

The new chapter continued in our house this week.  My baby started preschool.  I can't believe that Shane is 4 and he is off to preschool already.  Where did the time go.  Eric and I were looking at these pictures tonight and he said,"Wow, he is getting so big!" It seems like we blinked and now he is our big boy.  

Shane was so excited for his first day of preschool.  He was a little bummed that he didn't get to pack a lunch and eat there like his sisters.  

He felt like such a big boy with his backpack.  I love this picture of him.  He is trying to figure out what in the world his mommy wants him to do.  I would turn him to the tree and then say look at me and he would turn all the way around and then we would try again.  He wasn't getting the backpack shot and I was laughing at him because he was so cute! 

He is getting so tall.  He has 1 pair of pants that fit him from last year.  

Once again the tradition is that daddy takes them to school in his car on the first day.  Shane made sure daddy was planning on driving him in his car.  I once again followed closely behind with my camera because again this mommy doesn't like to miss out on those big firsts!

Daddy helping him with his backpack before heading into preschool.

Shane and his teacher Ms Jean.  Can't you see the love in her eyes.  We are so excited for Shane's year with Ms Jean.  We have heard she is an amazing teacher and she is so gentle and loving.  Eric is pretty sure we need to have a prayer team set up for Shane's teacher because of all of his energy and the fact that he never stops talking.   

Shane went right over the train track when he got in his room! There was no hesitation and hardly had time to tell us bye and give hugs.  

Shane had a great 1st day.  The first thing he said to me was, "Mommy I listened and obeyed my teacher and I was nice to my friends!"  Do you think we talked about that before class?  We went out for doughnuts to celebrate his great day then we cuddled on the couch for some reading.  I gave him the book "What I Like About You".  It is such a cute book! One of my favorite pages says, "But you have a purpose no one else can fulfill; No one can replace you- no one ever will." 

Shane I can't wait to see you blossom and grow this year.  You are a special little boy and we couldn't imagine our life with out all the energy, excitement and love you bring to it.  You do have a purpose no one else can fulfill! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you little life!  

3 comments:

Flip-flop Mama said...

Love the backpack shot! Porter too wants to be at school long enough to eat lunch/have a lunchbox :) boys. Oh and yes, I was also praying for obedience on Porter's 1st day :)

Shans said...

Oh he is SO adorable! What a sweet little boy enjoying his first day at preschool. Glad it went so well!

Kathy said...

Isn't it wonderful when the kids transition easily to a new experience? I'm so glad it went well for Shane--his teacher really does look so nice. And he is such a cute little boy--what sweet words spoken from him after school. Music to Mommy's ears! :)

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs