Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apple Hunting

We have had a beautiful fall.  It has been unseasonably warm.  Our day at the Apple Orchard was no exception.  I love the sunlight streaming through the trees on this picture.  I would like to say I had something to do with it with my camera settings but it was just one of those beautiful days that was captured on my camera.


The Apple Orchard is another place that we like to make an annual visit to. It was a little crazy this year not having a preschooler that had a field trip to the Apple Orchard.  I think for the last 5 - 6 years I have been on a field trip to the Apple Orchard.  It was a big "awe ... where did the time go"moment for me when we drove up.  I know before I blink it will be Max's turn.

 

Our first stop was to look at the animals.  I love Max peeking through the fence and taking it all in! 


The big kids decided to climb the fence instead.  


Guess who wanted to be just like his big brother and sisters?


I love the expression you can see in his profile.  This little boy finds so much joy in life.  


I love Emma's cute little stance here checking out the chickens!


Max was trying to get the goats attention by squealing at the top of his lungs! 


Emma just reached on in.


The kids then made their way over to the hay! 


Max wasn't quite sure what to think of the hay and being so high off the ground! It didn't take him long to figure out it was pretty fun but a little poky! 


I love watching the kids run and jump.  They look so carefree and like they are soaking up life.



Shane quickly learned that Crocs were not the shoe of choice in the hay!


Max was off running through the apple orchard as fast as his little legs could carry him.  To think he was an ocean away just a year ago ... amazing!  He has a whole new world right before him and let me tell you he embraces it with his whole being.


A not so shiny red apple stopped him in his tracks.


Apples were hard to come by this year.  The orchard said it was one of their worst years of apple production.  Emma spotted one way in the top of the tree.


My brown-eyed girl.


Shane found a couple too! 


This picture is a picture of Emma's relationship with her little brother.  She does life with him.  She slows him down and engages him in things around him.  She will sit and talk with him.  I often find him snuggled in a corner in his room with her reading books to him.  She will play school with him and teach him new words.  She is gentle and loving and he knows he has her wrapped around his little finger.


There are times that she just steps back and lets him do his thing but he often turns around and heads back her direction.



A quick stop at the train before we wrap up our time at the Apple Orchard.


We of course can't leave the Apple Orchard with out a couple of their apple turnovers. YUMMY!

0 comments:

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs