Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogging Break

Wow, it looks like it is time to change the Christmas blog header.  I took the month of January off from the blogging world.  I love blogging but it can be such a time sucker.  I decided to take a month off and evaluate where I spend my time and where I want to spend it.  We have shifted as a family to getting up earlier or I should say Eric gets up really early and I get up a lot earlier than I ever thought I would roll out of bed. Therefore we go to bed a lot earlier. I used to spend a lot of time blogging or checking up on blogs late at night but now I am in bed getting my zzz's instead.  I have decided if I get things done during nap time and have time to blog or check blogs that will be my blogging time.  Our nights have been great family time and I want to continue to make that a priority.  I love looking back at my blog and love documenting things our family is doing but I also don't want it to consume me.  So I am hoping to find time to get some blogging done in the months to come but I am going to try to keep it low on the priority list.   Hopefully the wash will get done and the house will stay clean so I can spend time blogging :)!! How do you  squeeze the blogging world into your day? 

5 comments:

Nantucket Karen said...

I've missed you!! I work part time at a decorating firm and when I'm on break, I grab a mug of Hot Chocolate and get in my "morning reads". So busy w/my little boys during the week, that I can only write a couple posts. It's tough!
Have a good week:)

Flip-flop Mama said...

I agree. . it's not our top priority :) I use Google Reader to check up on my favorite blogs at random times (like right now when GooF is off getting donuts with the kids).

Andra said...

Good job prioritizing Jules!!! I grab reading time while kids are falling asleep at nap time. It puts me in a restful mood and helps me think about all that needs to be done during naps! I post on the run....my journaling is a lot shorter now than it used be!!! :) oh well...

Kathy said...

Julie,
It's fun to see you back. I've missed your posts.

I know, it's hard to find the time. I honestly probably don't get as much sleep as I should. I typically blog after the children go to bed, occasionally early in the morning, and sometimes during nap (but naptime is really when I need to do my household chores). But it's hard where there are other priorities....it's definitely a balance. I've also found that I don't read as many blogs. It's more important to me to spend the time documenting things for the kids. I keep up with a few I really like. (Like yours).
Good luck finding your balance!

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Yes, both my blogging and now Facebook can be time suckers, so I have to be ever so careful. I try to do like 15 minutes in the morning when my girls get their cartoon fix, 15 minutes shortly after lunch and then 15 minutes in the evening when Todd is doing dishes with the girls or when they are taking their baths. My iPhone has helped too cuz I can check things at the park or anywhere on the go. ;o) I love the history blogging creates, but I too don't want it to consume me.

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs