Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas At Papa And Grammy's House

We spent Christmas day at my parents house and had a wonderful day!  From the time I was little I remember sitting down for our yummy Christmas brunch on Christmas morning.  We still have many of our favorites to eat that we had growing up.  We spent the afternoon snacking while playing games and finished our day with a nice dinner! We are excited that next year Justin and Ang will be adding a new little one to the family!  The kids had so much fun together that we hardly saw them all afternoon! 

As kids we loved our stockings.  My parents never made a big deal about Santa.  When we were little we thought Santa filled them but as we got smarter we figured out it was mom.  My mom would always find the perfect things to fill them with.  When my brother was going to get married he asked my mom if he would still get a stocking when he got married.  Yes, we all still get stockings at Grammy's house and the kids get fun baskets that grammy fills.  It is a tradition that young and old love because Grammy always takes the time to find just the right things for our stockings!


One of Alexa's highlights was her puppy Lucky! I think Lucky is as close to a real dog as we are ever going to get! 

Emma's highlights were her new stroller and her princess shoes.  She has a different pair on every hour.  I think she even sleeps with them on.  Six new pairs of shoes is a princesses dream come true! 
Shane loves his new football uniform and football.  Everyone is hoping that he will wear the jersey now instead of the princess dresses! 

Grammy always finds matching PJ's to finish off the night! Everyone is ready for good night sleep after such a fun day! 

8 comments:

Kathy said...

What adorable photos!! I marvel that all the children will sit and smile so sweetly! We can hardly get our little parcel of children to sit still long enough for the shutter to close. :) And they all looked so cute in their matching jammies. It looked like a happy family day!
Kathy

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Love the matching jammies!! Looks like you all had a super duper Christmas. I'm guessing your little Emma and my little Paigey would be the best of friends!

Flip-flop Mama said...

Thanks for the comment. . .I still love that my mom fills stockings for the grownups too :) Love the pic of Shane with all the girls. And the football uniform one :)

Deb said...

It looks like a picture perfect Christmas Julie! Sounds like everyone had a great time too!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

mommy24treasures said...

wow that is a wonderful Grammy!

How fun!

Ashton said...

How cute!!! The pictures are precious!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas...I love the matching pj's....that should be a Christmas card for next year, it is so cute!!

Just wanted to stop over and say hello and thanks for visiting my blog last week...your kids are adorable!!

Happy New Year to you and your family...may it be filled with health and happiness!

Lisa

Carey said...

Hey, I recognize a few of those people! =)

Great pictures, and fun memories. Your kids are just way too cute. LOVE the matching jammies.

Happy weekend!

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs