Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Alexa's 1/2 Birthday









Alexa came home from school a couple weeks ago. She had taken her 1/2 birthday into her own hands. She had a date on the calendar at school when she was bringing treats and she knew exactly what she we bringing. She wanted to make her Reindeer Cookies again this year. It just may become her 1/2 birthday treat tradition.



We began mixing up her favorite sugar cookies when I got a little distracted.  I had been watching my phone all day for an email from our agency with our Travel Approval.  It was the last piece of paperwork we needed from China telling us they were ready for us to come get Max.  



Well right in the middle of mixing up cookies it came.  I was totally giddy, leaping all over the house, totally distracted .... down right excited.  Alexa, being my first born, responsible child was just trying to get those cookies mixed.  Good thing she is so responsible and and baked and followed recipes numerous times because my head was in the clouds and she was telling me what we had and had not put in.  Alexa was determined to get those cookies finished and she kept saying, "Mom, I have never seen you act like this!"  We talked about how excited I was that we finally get to go get Max.  It still seems pretty abstract to the kids I think.  I think they probably won't feel the reality of it until we are in China or maybe even home.  I also talked about having all same feelings when she was born.  It was fun to talk about the first day we held her.  


So eventually the cookies did get mixed! 


Sugar Cookies
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
Blend above thoroughly
then add:
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp soda

1 tsp salt

Flatten dough ball with glass dipped in sugar

Bake at 350 degree for 8-10 minutes of until lightly brown around the edges





Alexa flattened out the dough and placed the pretzels on for the antlers and some chocolate chips for the eyes.


When they came out of the oven she quickly added the red nose. 




She carefully added the finishing touches to her 30+ cookies. She wanted enough for her classmates, teachers, specials teachers, secretaries and of course the principal.

She had a great day celebrating her birthday and share treats.

0 comments:

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs