Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Keeping It Real

Here is a "Keeping It Real" posts.  I love being able to use my blog as a scrapbook of memories for my family but as we all know there are some things that happen that don't include the picture perfect trip to the zoo or the park.  It is those days that as a mom you would love to push the pause button and rewind and start again.  I don't know why but most of those days include someone throwing up.


The girls had a great end to a great school year so we decided to head to Applebees to celebrate.  Eric was out of town so I decided to brave it at the restaurant with 4.  This was the first time I had gone to a sit down restaurant with the 4 kids by myself.  We were seated in a cozy booth and looking over our menus when Alexa proceeded to throw up all over.  The poor thing was mortified and looked around a little stunned and then went into mommy clean up mode.  So we got her cleaned up, the table cleaned up and I tried to carry Max out while helping Alexa walk out with vomit all over her.  Emma and Shane were troopers and tried to help as much as they could.

Alexa rested on the couch for the rest of the evening and we were thankful it was an uneventful evening after our Applebee's experience.  I tucked the kids in bed and took care of some stuff around the house.  Around 10:30 I heard a noise upstairs and opened the girls door only to feel like I was having a really bad nightmare.  Alexa was projectile vomiting off the top bunk.  It was crazy and there was vomit everywhere.  She managed to get it on the bookshelf and wall clear across the room.  She also took care of her bed and her sister's bed right under her.  Luckily the last day of school backpack and tons of papers saved the carpet but a lot of their papers and books weren't salvageable.

IMG_9630

The damage was significant as I had 8 loads of laundry to do.

IMG_9559

File boxes, backpacks, step stools, papers, cubbies .... you name it ... ended outside in the garage because it had been hit.  Many items actually found their way to the dump because we couldn't get into the nooks and crannies.

We will chalk that up to a memorable night that we hope never happens again!

0 comments:

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs