Thursday, June 11, 2009

Scrubbing Those Streets


The kids love scrubbing the streets at Tulip Festival.  Before each parade they need to get the streets ready for the queen and her court.  The men and boys fill buckets of water and pour them on the road and the girls come behind and sweep them clean.  I do think we get stuck with the tougher job.

Shane and Papa are off to fill their buckets with water.

Here we come busily sweeping the streets.  My mom, my sister-in-law Alissa, my sister-in-law Ang, myself,  Alexa, Emma, Darby Tyra and Mia are all in the above picture.  Baby Bailey took a stroll in the stroller but I'm sure will be eager to toddle the streets with us next year.  We sure had a clan of girls.

Shane was a little entertainer my dad said.  He was waving, giving people high fives and posing for pictures.  I may be a little biased but I do think he is a pretty cute little Dutch boy!


Alexa and Darby have such a neat relationship.  I don't think that I have ever seen them fight and they just can't get enough of each other.  They actually held hands while they scrubbed the streets for the majority of  the parade route.  That was some tough work one handed. 

Of course the boys love dumping their buckets in the tank and getting a little wet while they are at it!

How full can I fill it?

Emma and Mia are hard at work!


2 comments:

Kathy said...

How fun! The kids look so cute! We love the tulip festival too, but don't have a street scrubbing ceremony. Looks like the kids had a great time! Glad to see you back on the blog--and good luck keeping the pictures organized. I'm in the same boat--I take way too many.
:)
Kathy

Carey said...

Waaay cute! The kids are adorable in their outfits!

Sorry to hear about your migrane! At least with a broken ankle I can think. I hate headaches!

 
© Mom Of 4 Little Blessings

CoffeeShop Designs